<< Back to forum

Topic started by Sylar on 20 Jul 2011 13:18:12

Competition Ideas

We are looking for players to give us their ideas for short competitions we can run to keep the game interesting.

Post your ideas here, if your idea (or part of your idea) is created you will be rewarded with 25 credits.

Sylar

<< Previous || Next >>
18 Aug 2011 15:36:01, Marlo Stanfield
Vagrant Vigilante:

Kill as many inactive hobo's as you can within allotted amount of time, kill cool off time cut in half for competition. Free's up some of the games dead weight and doesnt effect active accounts. To give current hobo's something to do, allow them to mug. I forget how much energy they start with, but count their every 2 or 3 mugs as a kill.
07 Aug 2011 15:55:38, Death Soldier
when i saw a car bomb competition, i mean car bombs on other players, who can bomb other players the most in a 24hr period
07 Aug 2011 12:40:52, deadly_angel
Competition - Government plans crack down on crime
posted on 2010-10-12 @ 18:27:38

Over the past few days on Street Crime there have been some strange goings on. Rumours of a government clamp down on criminal activity, government meetings being held and plans being made on how to combat the rising amount of crime on Street Crime.
Clamp down begins on Friday 15th October 2010 @ 16:00
Government Plans

The government held a meeting late into yesterday evening and decided upon a strict regime to combat the recent spat of crime.

Each city will now have 5 police buildings to patrol the city this includes 4 police towers and a headquarters. Each police tower will concentrate on one aspect of crime whether it be money laundering, illegal gambling or bullet production.

In order to gain back control of each of these aspects of each city you must work together to destroy each of these buildings which in turn will allow the continuation of illegal activity on the streets.
The Prizes

There are a number of prizes on offer throughout this competition including in game items such as credits, memberships and special items but also Street Crimes first ever merchandise! That's right we have 8 t-shirts to be given away for those who successfully destroy a police headquarters.

- Individual Prizes: 8 of the 16 gangsters involved in blowing up headquarters will receive a t-shirt bundle with the remaining 8 receiving the car bomb bundle. Both bundles include the Car Bomb competition medal.

- Crew Prizes: The top 3 crews will each receive 3, 2 and 1 days worth of access to the boss of bosses. Each of these crews will also gain a Car Bomb competition medal.

Note: Winners of t-shirts will have a first come first serve choice on sizes. There is a maximum of 1 t-shirt per person.
07 Aug 2011 12:35:19, deadly_angel
there has already been a car bomb competition once, like 15 months ago.
06 Aug 2011 17:53:24, Death Soldier
How about a Car Bomb competition? Have like couple categories like the previous competition. The most Car Bombs, Most Damage, and whatever else you can think of.
21 Jul 2011 16:10:10, Snakes
I like your idea, SKIPPY PAPRIKA, but as a future game update. I would love to see different kinds of OCs than just the bank robbery.

I personally would like to see more small (say, last a day or two every month) competitions than what we have now. (i.e. one massive competition every 3-6 months.)
20 Jul 2011 16:50:50, SKIPPY PAPRIKA
Organized Crime week competition

special OC's which have no limitations ( i.e no rank limit )

rank doesnt effedt the outcome either, otherwise it would only be suitable for high end ranks.

small ocs ranging from 2 - 6 people

medium is 7 - 11 people

large is 12 - 20 people

ocs give no payouts, its all points based, reset timer is every 4 hours on them, and they could take upto 3 or 4 hours to complete depending on the crime, with more involvment on the players actually doing something.

example

kidnap, small oc

4 needed, 2 as kidnappers, 1 as negociate, 1 as lookout

kidnappers need to get a car and kidnap, nego sorts out the ransom, lookout has to be looking out.

kidnappers job is check in and feed and water the victim, lookout makes sure no fuzz or passers by get involved ( frequant log ins and scoping the exits etc )

nego handles the ransom demands, ensuring the maximum return for the victim.

points awarded for all aspects of the crime, if the kidnappers get slack and let the victim die, u all land in jail for a few hours ( maximum security, no break outs or bribing )

you can use this formula for many different oc types, but the basics are activity rewards, log off for 2 hours when your the lookout and your bound to be busted,

drug smuggling
gone in 60 seconds style
train robberies
( die hard ) take over the namisaki building with 50 hostages
pimping da hoes
extorsion
fraud

Discuss
20 Jul 2011 13:55:25, Marlo Stanfield
Lady Luck ...your competition suggestion would benefit those who have been here awhile. New players wouldnt be able to get involved.

The zombie competition was a nice contest. Maybe something like this on a smaller scale can be done bi weekly. Less zombies and have it last 24 hours or something.

I like Snakes ideas, these are something that everyone from Hobo to Godfather can compete in. Most cash from petty crimes in "X amount of time", Highest value of cars stolen from GTA's in "X amount of time", most completed Getaways in "X amount of time", highest drug profit in "X amount of time", Muggings, etc...

To touch on Babyy's idea....you can have this where random items are dropped for different tasks. Example: Street Crime Appreciation Week - You could increase the % to find rare items during your normal gameplay. Instead of finding balaclavas and 500 cash bundles. You can possibly find HP store items at a higher rate. Nothing crazy, but easier then they are to find currently during this time.
20 Jul 2011 13:35:35, Snakes
I think that there could be more creative uses of current game mechanics.

examples; Most muggins, Most GTAs completed, Most cash from petty crimes.

These could be done every weekend as a short/quick competition.
20 Jul 2011 13:26:56, Lady Luck
Have a competition to see who has the best turf. or has the best most successful crew

<< Previous || Next >>