<< Back to forum

Topic started by Sylar on 14 Feb 2010 22:38:20

Duping Policy

We will be adding a Duping Policy, multiple account policy, into the Terms and Conditions document. This policy will state our position on players duping.

This will be added in conjunction with the release of Kill.

<< Previous || Next >>
03 Oct 2010 11:16:26, Lizard_Lady
I agree with dahaka...sounds like a good plan....
Olive - the game where you can 'do anything with dupes' must surely have so many people massively cheating it must render it unworkable?

I agree it may be nice to have some notice, but perhaps that would also defeat the object slightly, so perhaps it's best to assume it may be imminent and 'sort anything that needs to be sorted' sooner rather than later......

T-Mill & Adam...yep, a total reset and I'd want all the money I'd spent back either as credits/money...so we can safely say a reset aint gonna happen!! Mainly cos even if you get the money back, you have still lost about a years worth of time spent (awake when I should've been asleep in my case!)
01 Oct 2010 20:32:21, Olive
one word relax
01 Oct 2010 16:58:46, outlaw_immortal
it would be unfair but they can make exceptions and maybe check up on the dupes activities and times that their online and make sure nothing dodgy is going on...and if someone is caught out, they should be IP banned, so nobody will bother trying to get away with dupes
01 Oct 2010 16:51:09, bigFrank
It will be unfair to those that share the same IP range ... which will include mine ... but a total ban on 'associated' / dupe a/cc's is the best way to go IMHO

01 Oct 2010 16:43:31, outlaw_immortal
mal calmed me down haha
but this happened last time as well, i had to start talking so much shit before anybody listened or replied!!! (none of it was actually bullshit, i just had to get in a big stress about it before anyone took notice!)

well at least we know now what might be happening, i'm still all for the ban dupes completely!
01 Oct 2010 16:36:06, Sylar
Didn't realise it was getting spicy in here.

There is no definitive plan yet. However we are more likely to go down the route which has been suggested by dahaka. Whereby having a dupe is like a separate character but it does not give you an advantage in anyway due to the restrictions put on you. Then if you were to break the restrictions you would be banned.

I won't say too much because if I say one thing, then we come up with something which we think is better then you will all be like well you said this and you said that.

We are here, we do listen, were just busy so give us a chance to read it
01 Oct 2010 11:40:23, bigFrank
Let me know where you're going to ... I've played a few and might be able to give you a low-down.
01 Oct 2010 11:07:44, outlaw_immortal
fuck em, if they wanna ignore me i can take SA to another game, then they can have a dupe fucking game, fuck em!

piss me off, you spend time and money on the game and they don't give a fuck about the players
01 Oct 2010 10:23:05, Adam
that'll be a no comment then outlaw .

maybe they will just implement whatever limitations you are on about 1 day, no warning or anything.

You'll know when it happens
29 Sep 2010 23:09:51, outlaw_immortal
latest i've heard is that dupes won't be banned, just restrictions put up....anybody wanna clear that up? its really annoying now, i wanna know if you've come to a conclusion or not, and if you have i wanna know what'll happen...
we have a right to know, we're the ones playing this game and giving money to you guys by buying credits and memberships!

what is gonna happen? have you made a decision, yes or no?

<< Previous || Next >>